Those assigned as “Coffee Servers” are asked to serve coffee/tea/juice after the morning services during the month they are assigned.
- serve coffee/tea/juice until everyone has gone through the line (it is suggested that servers leave the worship service during the singing of the last song so that a few cups/glasses can be poured before the crowd arrives)
- wash, dry, and put away all cups, glasses, and spoons
- empty and wash coffee pots unless a pastoral group is meeting for a meal that day (check the bulletin)
- put away leftover juice and cream & sugar
- wash off counter tops and wipe out sinks (towels and washcloths may be left on the counter for the custodians to take care of)
Servers are asked to find a substitute if they are unable to serve on a particular Sunday.
There are three entrances (main, northeast, & southwest). We’ll leave it to you which door to choose as your “station.” Note we now assign one person per door, rather than one couple as we did perviously.
Greeters’ duties consist of creating a warm and welcoming environment for those who enter our building each Sunday. Members of the congregation are assigned to serve one month at a time.
Greeters are asked to find a substitute if they are unable to serve on a particular Sunday.
Those assigned to serve in nursery are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the worship service to which they’ve been assigned.
Nursery attendants are asked to find a substitute if they are unable to serve on a particular Sunday. Notifying the church office of the change is helpful.
Ushers are members who help worshippers find suitable seating and assist in creating an environment where there is smooth and efficient traffic flow. Members are assigned to serve for one month at a time.
If you are unable on an assigned day, please arrange a substitute.
More Details for Ushers
High school students, under supervision of one of his/her parents, have provided valet parking service at Covenant since 2005.
Duties as a Valet Parking Attendant:
- One person provides assistance with doors and the other provides assistance with driving.
- The driver may be either the parent or the student, provided s/he holds a valid driver’s license.
- Insurance guidelines require parking to be on the church property and/or streets and lots adjacent to or within reasonable proximity of the church property.